This is newly created and rare opportunity to join a motivated team in the architecture and construction sectors as our in-house Accountant. This is a part time, flexible role with the option to work both from home and from our sunny open plan CBD office.
We are looking for:
The successful candidate will be responsible for the efficient operation of our companies' accounting functions across two brands. You will have support from our administration team and be responsible for the financial management, reporting, and internal controls for the business, while meeting the required annual reporting and tax obligations that are finalised by our external tax accountant.
In addition to this, you will put on your advisory hat from time to time and lead the firm with your stand-out budgeting and cashflow management experience, providing strategic reporting to the Directors and wider Management Team.
We make data-driven decisions, so you will need excellent communication skills and the ability to see the “big picture” when contributing your financial lens to commercial and strategic decisions. You’ll be adept at juggling competing priorities and working accurately to meet deadlines.
As part of the role, you will also identify and champion process improvements across the finance function, whilst ensuring all compliance requirements are met.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Internal and external financial reporting, including preparing monthly reports.
- Preparing and managing bills of materials, inventory, and related accounts.
- Job management – preparing and managing progress reports and liaising with project managers on the financial performance and profitability of jobs.
- Budgeting and Forecasting.
- Cashflow Management and reporting.
- Annual Reporting and Tax Obligations.
- Basic accounting functions as required.
To hit the ground running you’ll need…
- An accounting qualification, with at least 3-5 years’ experience in a Financial Controller, Finance Manager, or similar role, ideally in a fast-moving commercial organisation.
- Experience using Xero is a must.
- Strong MS Office skills.
- We have a high-performing, fun team, so you will also need to be a people person who has a strong interest in becoming part of the business.
- Please include a detailed cover letter and CV.
- Applications will be reviewed as they come in, so apply now.
- Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.